Wowzers the week went fast! Even today went fast. Goodness me. Did this week go that fast for you?
I seem to be food-focused this time…
What I learned this week:
1. Pumpkin Risotto is really easy to make. Just onions, broth, rice, wine (Charles Shaw does quite nicely here), and canned pumpkin. And a few other things. Don’t ask me what exactly I did, I’m not even sure. Though if I think hard I could get it down.
2. Brown Cow lowfat yogurt is disgusting. It has an awful texture, kind of watery-lumpy thing going on. So different from their whole yogurt which is rich, smooth, creamy, and delicious. That teaches me to stick with the fatty kind and not worry so much. 🙂
3. I learned to make rice without a rice cooker, I received the rice cooker as a wedding gift from a dear friend so I never bothered making it in a regular pot.
4. I learned to always do what needs done. Well, this is more of an ongoing thing, but really, just doing things right when you see that they need done feels so much better. Procrastination is the enemy!
5. Don’t wear a leather coat in the rain unless you waterproofed it. I didn’t that, my new leather coat is ok, though it got a little wet. I have a feeling I won’t get to wear it much being in Seattle…at least it was a gift found at Goodwill. 🙂
Isn’t it gorgeous? Ok it’s actually a medium tan color, tighter, and smaller buttons. But it’s the right idea. Thank you so much for the coat my friends!
And look at this one I found at Wilson’s Leather! This one would probably be more appropriate for my weather, and it’s only $40 right now, usually $180. But I’m more than happy with the one I have and another black trench I wore today that isn’t leather, so it’s Seattle-friendly. So very off topic. *zip the lip*
6. I also learned that they sell raw egg nog at my local PCC. I’m trying to get the nerve up to dish out the dough for it, but I doubt it will happen. I’ll probably try to make some first.
Photo by Simon Aughton
Learn more from Jo-Lynne at Musings of a Housewife.