Let’s just say I’m not high-end when it comes to my make-up, I’m a poor newlywed alright? Though I do sometimes splurge on eyeliner (one thing I’m really picky about) and toner or lotion. I hardly wear foundation, and when I do it’s more like tinted lotion. I also wait for super-sales to buy some products, I hardly ever pay over $20 for a product. And if I’m paying for something expensive it’s going to be something lasting me all year long.
Anyway, here are the contents of my make-up bag in order that I use them:
Facial Toner: Murad Clarifying Toner
- Thoughts: I love this toner, it’s expensive for me, but Murad is great for break-out prone skin and pores that want to take over the world. It’s clean, refreshing, and makes your skin feel as tight as an over-inflated balloon.
Facial Lotion: Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15 (like I need SPF in Seattle…)
- It’s very light, and it does help to control oil. Even though it’s a really light moisturizer, it gets my skin through the dry winter months just dandy.
Concealer: Aveda Inner Light Concealer in Balsa
- I dab a few dots under my eye and smooth it down with the tip of my ring finger and a make up sponge. It doesn’t hide everything, but it definitely helps. When I don’t wear it I sometimes get comments that I look tired, so I’ll stick with it.
Blush: Rimmel Blush in Pink Rose
- I’m not a huge blush fan, so I don’t wear it often. This one does the trick though, just adds a little color. I also have one from Aveda, I think it’s from the Inner Light line and the color is Lotus.
Eyeliner: Petal Essence Eye Definer in Cacao
- I really like Aveda’s eyeliners, they go on very smoothly and smudge in the way I like.
Eyeshadow: Petal Essence Eye Color Duo in Khaki Cloud
- This is my favorite eyeshadow, it has one color for the lid and one for the crease. It’s a very natural color with a very small amount of shimmer (not like Claire’s shimmer).
Mascara: Almay One Coat Nourishing Lengthening Mascara in Black/Brown
- I generally like Almay’s mascaras, but this one just gets the job done. Nothing special.
Other products I wear on occasion:
Eye Primer: Sephora Eye Primer
- Meh. It makes my eyelid more smooth, but it does this weird thing that makes my eyeshadow go on kind of strange. It’s hard to describe, it looks kind of fuzzy/clumpy? Sometimes it works but ugh, I’m just not a fan.
Under Eye Brightener: Smashbox Photo Op
- I have a problem with under eye circles. It’s not sleep-related, just hereditary I believe. I bought this to help. It’s supposed to reflect light so you don’t see the circles, and when used with concealer it does help. But I probably won’t buy it again.
Foundation: Physician’s Formula Organic Wear Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in Fair/Light
- It works fine. It makes my face look somewhat more smooth, but I just don’t like to wear foundation. It feels like too much.
And there you have it! My mish-mash of make-up products. And that’s just in the bag. You should see the box under the sink. We all have one, yes, you know who you are.
To see what others have in their make up bags, visit Chic Critique!
Photo by swimparallel.